I’ve now spent the last week with a iPhone 6S instead of my HTC One m7. The reason for this change is a new subscription with my phone provider. This gives me the opportunity to get a phone at a reduced price. Because my provider has a money back guarantee I am able to return the device and get my money back.
The setup of the device is easy but repetitive. I’ve had to type in the same password about five times before I had a working device in my hands.
Things I will miss without the iPhone
- The camera is fantastic in comparison with my old HTC One. The live photos are a bit useless.
- Real smooth scrolling on the home screen without lagging. I’m comparing this to my HTC One with Stock Android. At the moment I hadn’t a chance to compare this to a phone running Android Marshmallow.
- All day battery life. This was one of the reasons why I needed a new phone. With the iPhone I was never in need of having to charge my phone.
- The touch id unlocking is great but almost too fast. The problem with this is that I can’t see my notification when unlocking my phone with my thumb.
Things I didn’t like on the iPhone
- Buttons which are way to small for my already little hands. Also the new flat design makes it sometimes impossible to know whether you can click something or not.
- Sometimes gestures like swiping in from the left or the bottom didn’t work or were to sensitive.
- The older model suffer under the planned obsolescence when Apple releases a new iPhone. Which means they will get slower and slower with each software update forcing a user to buy the new iPhone.
- Not enough control and transparency over the underlying system.
Things I missed on the iPhone
- Options to share anything from everywhere. In my experience there were more possibilities to share content on Android than on the iPhone. But this is a more app based opinion.
- A file manager which is more than a picture viewer.
- Ability to set standard apps.
Because of all the reasons I’ve listed I’ve chosen not to keep the iPhone. I will rather get myself another Android device.
I’ve looked into some of the devices which are on the market at the moment. The suitable phone for me seems to be the Huawei Nexus 6P. Although I’m not sure about the size of the device because it has a 5.7 inches screen.
On the plus side it is running stock Android Marshmallow and will get updates through Google.
Do you have any argument for/against the iPhone or other mobile phone recommendations? Write a comment and I’ll reply as fast as I can.